ABOUT MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME(MM2H)
The Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) is a long term Visa for foreigners set up by the Malaysian government as a way to attract foreigners to stay long term or retire in Malaysia. Malaysia being a magnificent nation with its minimal effort of living , decent variety societies and friendly people , makes an ideal place for nonnatives to settle here .
MM2H is a 10 year Social Visit Pass with Multiple Entry that allows you to go and come as you please, and can easily be renewed for another 10 years when it expires. It is open to citizens of all countries recognized by Malaysia regardless of race, religion, gender or age. Candidates are permitted to bring their life partners and unmarried kids beneath the age of 21 as wards.
Requirements for applying:
- BELOW 50 YEARS
- To have a Liquid asset of RM 500,000
- Monthly income of RM 10,000
- Open a fixed deposit account of RM 300,000
- After a period of one year , the participant can withdraw upto RM 150,000
For expenses related to medical, childrens education, rental,furniture,car purchase, home purchase,etc.
- Must maintain a minimum balance of RM 150,000 from second year on-wards and through-out stay in Malaysia under this MM2H programme.
- Important point – If you buy a house in Malaysia for 1m + and fully paid in Ringgit Malaysia, then can have a fixed deposit of RM 150,000 instead of RM 300,000 and liquid asset of
RM 350,000 instead of RM 500,000.
- ABOVE 50 YEARS
- To have a Liquid asset of RM 350,000
- Monthly income of RM 10,000
- Open a fixed deposit account of RM 150,000
- If proven full Govt pension of RM 10,000 income is shown, then no need any fixed deposit.
- After a period of one year , the participant can withdraw upto RM 50,000
For expenses related to medical, childrens education, rental, furniture, car purchase,
home purchase, etc.
- Must maintain a minimum balance of RM 100,000 from second year on-wards and through-out stay in Malaysia under this MM2H programme.
- Important point – If you buy a house in Malaysia for 1m + and fully paid in Ringgit Malaysia, then can have a fixed deposit of RM 100,000 instead of RM 150,000 .
Documents/Forms needed for Applying:
1. Letter of Application (Cover Letter from applicant)
2. A copy of resume by the main applicant which include the following information
Skills or expertise acquired
3. One (1) copy of MM2H Application Form – can be downloaded from MM2H website.
Note : Applicant and all the dependents have to complete the form individually.
4. Three (3) copies of IM.12 Form (Social Visit Pass )
One (1) original copy – can be downloaded from MM2H website/obtained at Immigration
Two (2) Photostat copies
Note : Applicant and all the dependents have to complete the form individually
5. Four (4) coloured passport size photographs
6. Copy of Passport/Travel documents (all pages) with certification on the pages with personal
Note : Copy of previous passport is required if applicant/dependent (s) has renew his/her
passport within the last 12 months.
7. Letter of Good Conduct from your relevant government agency
The police authority of the applicant’s home country; or
The Embassy of the applicant’s home country based in Malaysia provided that the LGC issued by
the Embassy has made a reference to the respective police authority and the LGC must be
attested by the Embassy.
8. Self declaration on your/dependents health conditions – Form can be downloaded from MM2H
Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if accompanied by spouse)
10. Certified copy of Birth Certificate/legal documents (if accompanied by children/adopted
11. Letter of Confirmation from Medical Specialist/General Practitioner (if accompanied by
disabled children above 21 years old)
12. Statutory Declaration by principle applicant to bear all expenses and financial requirements
during the stay in Malaysia for dependents
13. Certified copy (s) of latest 3 months’ bank statement /other related financial document(s) to
indicate the financial capability to support stay in Malaysia
14. Latest 3 months certified copies of pay slip / income statement (if employed) / pension slip etc
15. Authorization letter from applicant to Malaysia My Second Home Centre to verify the financial
documents, job and salary with the relevant parties.
Advantages of MM2H:
(a) To be able to stay in Malaysia for as long as one wants and leave whenever one wants.
(b) To be able to import one car from your last country of residence without paying tax/duty.
(c) Or, be able to purchase one new car either made or assembled in Malaysia without paying tax/duty.
(d) Work part-time
(e) Entitled to apply for one maid subject to the prevailing guidelines of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
Useful links related to MM2H:
Steps to apply:
You may apply either specifically (see the above-neath prerequisites) by contacting the MM2H Center straightforwardly Or you can apply through one of their numerous Registered Agents. Utilizing Agents aides and spares you a great deal of time and cerebral pain as they have understanding and association with the Department. However, try to pick the legitimate authorized specialists.
MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME CENTRE (MM2H)
Ministry of Tourism and Culture Malaysia,
Level 1, No. 2, Tower 1,
Jalan P5/6, Presint 5,
62200 W.P. Putrajaya,